Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Spark-MIT 2016: The problem unpacked

The specific problem of my inquiry was identified, deliberated and refined at Spark-MIT 2016 Day 1: how do my Year 6 learners in a Decile 1 primary school make and sustain accelerated gains in reading?

The easy answer, of course, is to read more. Therein lies the problem: how will that happen?  The cycle of inquiry begins.

My initial thoughts on unpacking the problem have evolved into a series of questions which will focus my inquiry over the course of 2016:


1 comment:

  1. I like this idea of looking at what the students and parents have to say. I am thinking that for some not being able to read independently is a barrier. Once independent reading is happening the strategies must still have a part to play. Anyway that is what you are looking to find out I guess. All I can say is I am looking forward to following along on the journey. Go well.

    ReplyDelete